Special Covid-19 cancellation policy
With the current uncertainty all over the world, we realize how important it is to you to be able to book your holidays with confidence. At Rustical Travel we like to reassure you that we will do everything we can to give you peace of mind when it comes to providing you a successful holiday in rural Spain.
When you book a villa more than 8 weeks in advance, you are required to pay 25% deposit. When the remaining 75% balance is due (*) and Covid-19 restrictions are still in place, you may choose to:
- Postpone your holiday dates (administration fee waived)
- Ask us to postpone the date of your balance payment
- Cancel your booking and obtain a refund, except for an administration fee (**)
(*) Balance payment is due 8 weeks before your holiday starts, unless otherwise indicated in the Booking Information of the property.
(**) This administration fee has a cost of 50 euros and allows us to have a continuity plan and provide you a fast and personalised human assistance by phone as well as via email.
Under what conditions can I benefit from these options?
The borders to your destination in Spain are closed or if your mobility is restricted due to a regional or national lockdown in your country.
If the FCDO (or the equivalent authority) establishes a travel ban to Spain.
If you made your booking after 28th December 2020.
If I am travelling within 8 weeks? Am I entitled to any special conditions if I am affected by Covid-related travel restrictions?
Yes, but please send us your request so that we can let you know what flexibility we may be able to offer you.
Are these conditions applicable to bookings made before 28th December 2020?
No, the original conditions valid at the time you booked will apply. However, in most cases, there will be specific arrangements made with you, and these agreements will naturally be respected. Issued vouchers are non refundable.
Does this special Covid-19 cancellation policy apply to all holiday properties on our site?
Yes, it does apply to all holiday properties on our website except for wedding or event villas. Wedding / event villas will in these cases accept to move your dates, but not a full refund.
Should I still get travel insurance in case I need to cancel my holidays?
Yes, and it is more important than ever that all guests have appropriate travel insurance for their holidays. This special Covid-19 policy is meant to cover what current travel insurances aren’t seemed to be covering in their own policies. From 12th April 2021, you can only benefit from this special cancellation policy if the FCDO (or equivalent authority) establishes a travel ban to Spain -and not just advise against travelling-. If FCDO is advising against travel please ensure your travel insurer provides you the right coverage.